Sunday, September 19, 2010

Eye Pimple

So, I'm turning 30 in a few months. And I'm terribly concerned about this. So much so that I OBSESS over my skin. Like freakishly. I have nearly every product designed to eliminate/reduce/prevent wrinkles (I don't have any, which I attribute to my obsessive-ness, thank you very much). I can usually pass for 24-ish. This is a GOOD thing. Well, except for the pimples.
See, most people associate skin trouble with youth, so this helps in my quest for ever-youthful looks. But I really don't like pimples. And I don't have that many, just enough that I can tell they are there. Yay for hormones! But, noting my previously mentioned issue with skin obsessive-ness, you might see how this could turn out badly.
This morning, I woke up, and it was a pimple day. I washed my face, and proceded to go through my entire sanitize, serum, lotion, anti-wrinkle, anti-pimple routine. And then I noticed it. A NEW PIMPLE. And, you're thinking, "just slap some clearasil on it, crazy, and move on!" One small problem. It was ON MY EYE. ya. really. On my eyelid. On that super delicate skin that you can't mess with because even TOUCHING it too hard now will leave you scarred with wrinkles when you're like... 31. And I can't put anything on it because it's my EYE! And ALL the products say to not to put them on your eyes (for very good reason, I mean, no one wants to be a pirate with one eye and no cool eye patch). And it's not like I can just pop it, or even attempt to. Fear of the un-fixable wrinkle.... Plus the PAIN. OMG the pain. I just barely touched it with some concealer.... yah. It felt like someone was poking a red hot branding iron on my eye. Ok, well, it wasn't really THAT bad, but it was close.
And so now, I'm sitting at my computer. I'm sure no one can see it. But *I* know it's there. And it's driving me NUTS. I keep getting up to check in the mirror to see if it went away yet. I swear I can still see it even under the 17 layers of concealer and shadow that I put on it. It's getting bigger I think, just to spite me.
See, this stuff doesn't happen to NORMAL people....

No comments:

Post a Comment